Please read the uploaded text and answer each of the following questions separately in complete sentences with quotations, (you only need to mention the page number when you quote):
1. Another important aspect of this story is the emphasis on literature (poetry) as a communal activity. Texts were not meant to be enjoyed privately, and even those who were reading alone, would have read out loud. Which aspects of Bede’s account point to the importance of community?
2. What do the different versions of Bede’s narrative tell about the way dialects of English differed from each other?
3. Why did Bede translate the Hymn into Latin to include it in his Historia, and how is it that we have versions in Old English?
4. Turning now from what Bede wrote to what Caedmon sung, what stylistic features of Caedmons Hymn suggest that it was originally meant to be recited before an audience?
5. Why is Caedmons Hymn so important to scholars?
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING HOMEWORK HELP TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post What do the different versions of Bedes narrative tell about the way dialects of English differed from each other? appeared first on Nursing Homework Help.