Prepare a 1–2 page report documenting the exploration of vital statistics at the national and state levels.
Visit the CDC National Center for Health Statistics to explore national vital statistic results with a focus on birth rates, death rates and cancer rates. Next, explore the vital statistics in you respective state health departments. My state is Minnesota
- Select a vital statistic to study. I chose BIRTH
- Then select the most current data on vita statistics topic for the last 2 years reported. Compare and contrast them, what is the trend being reported. Based on the results, make a prediction of how your state data trend will compare to the national data. Explain why you think your trend prediction is what you’ve stated.
- Utilize the CDC site, find the corresponding data at the national level and evaluate the national results against their state results. What is the trend?
- Was your trend predication regarding your state data compared to the national data correct? Explain the outcome.
- Include the specific web links where data was found.
CDC NCHS –http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/
State Health Departments –http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/state_health_departments.htm