Here are several events that happen in the workplace. Do you believe they fall under the definition of sexual harassment? If so, why? If not, why not?
- Jane willingly dated a co-worker for the last 3 years. Now, she has met someone else and does not want to continue the relationship with the co-worker. The co-worker does not want to end the relationship and is posting negative things about her on Facebook.
- Linda offers sexual favors to her professor in order to get a passing grade. The professor agrees, and Linda receives a passing grade.
- Mary, a supervisor, asks her male employee, Stan, to join her for dinner so they have will some quiet time away from the office to go over his performance evaluation.
- Bob, a supervisor, makes comments about on a regular basis to his secretary, Susan, about how she is dressed for the day.
- A customer in a restaurant grabs the rear end of a waitress. She complains about the customer to the manager, who says, “Ignore it, you’ll probably get bigger tip.”
- Don posts pictures of scantily clothed women on his office walls.
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references