Select an article from a peer-reviewed nursing journal regarding an EBP process or implementation in APA format
Use at least 3 peer reviewed nursing journal regarding an EBP process or implementation sources to support your paper choice. Use APA citations in each of the 5 criteria’s
MUST use APA format with at least 6 citations in APA format.
Write a summary of 1,000 words that includes the following criteria:
- An introduction that explains the focus of the article.
- A summary of key points of the article.
- A list of the steps taken by nursing to develop and implement an EBP.
- Application of the learned information to a practice setting where the student either identifies an EBP that has been applied to your setting or a practice problem that would benefit from the implementation of an EBP.
- A clear and concise conclusion.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Introduction is thorough and explicitly describes the evidence-based practice project presented in the article.
- Summary is comprehensive and completely addresses each of the key points of the article.
- List of steps is complete, detailed, and well-organized.
- EBP is successfully applied to an appropriate example. Support and justification for effectiveness is clearly outlined.
- Thesis and/or main claim are comprehensive; contained within the thesis is the essence of the paper. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear.
- There is a sophisticated construction of paragraphs and transitions. Ideas progress and relate to each other. Paragraph and transition construction guide the reader. Paragraph structure is seamless.
- Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English.
- All format elements are correct.
- In-text citations and a reference page are complete. The documentation of cited sources is free of error.
1 Document sources of evidence for nursing practice.
2Distinguish between nursing research and evidence based practice (EBP).
3. Compare the philosophical underpinnings of qualitative versus quantitative research.