QUESTIONS BY THE PROFESSOR THAT NEED TO BE ANSWERED:
Nurses can contribute to the policies and procedures that are created based on the nursing tasks we do. Being that nurses are at the bedside 24/7/365 days a year, nurses are at the forefront of clinical care.
Nurses see what works, what doesn’t and what can be done better. Using this information, implementing practices, in addition to quality Evidence Based Practice (EBP) research nurses can make a safer environment and level of care for our patients.
Organizations need to allow time for nurses to implement EBP! (Keep in mind that I work as a Correctional Nurse that is employed by the largest Jail System in the United States of America, which is the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department Medical Services Bureau.)
- Do you feel this time is provided?
- Why? How? or Why not?
- How does a nurse contribute to nursing research in your current nursing setting (CORRECTIONAL NURSING SETTING)?
- How do you utilize research through EBP in this setting (CORRECTIONAL NURSING SETTING)?
- What is a problem you see in your current clinical practice that could be addressed by an EBP project (AFRICAN AMERICAN MALE INMATES NOT USING PROTECTIVE SAFE SEX MEASURES WHEN ENGAGING IN SEXUAL ACTIVITIES WITH OTHER MEN WHILE INCARCERATED)?
- What are some solutions you would propose for the problem?