Read one of the papers discussed in Chapter 6, “Do Games Learn From You When You Play Them?”:
- Player Modeling using Self-Organization in Tomb Raider: Underworld
- Predicting Player Behavior in Tomb Raider: Underworld
- Give Me a Reason to Dig: Minecraft and Psychology of Motivation
- Introverted Elves & Conscientious Gnomes: The Expression of Personality in World of Warcraft
- PsyOps: Personality Assessment Through Gaming Behavior
For the paper you chose:
1. Write a short, informal summary of what the paper shows and what you think the key takeaways might be. You of course don’t have to follow this writing style, but as an example, a log of short summaries of somebody papers I’ve once read on this website can be seen.
2. Identify one interesting data-driven finding about players that the paper shows. How do the authors establish the finding that you chose? How solid or certain is the finding from a scientific perspective?
3. Identify one question or uncertainty about the study: Does it fall short somewhere, or leave questions unanswered?
12 times new roman.