The Metropolitan Hotel features 150 guestrooms and suites offered
in a variety of configurations. Accommodations provide
contemporary solid-oak furniture. Floor-to-ceiling marble-clad
bathrooms contain separate showers and tubs. Select suites feature
winding staircases and balconies with panoramic views.
Complimentary wired and wireless high-speed Internet access is
available. Rollaway beds are available (surcharge).
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel
policy. Government-issued photo identification and a credit card
or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
• Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and
may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be
• The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for
incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom
• Pets allowed
• Minimum check-in age is: 19
• Check-out time is: noon
• Check-in time starts at: 3 PM
• Parking height restrictions apply
• MasterCard, Visa, American Express
• Diners Club
• Reservations are required for massage services and spa
treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel
prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking
• A resort fee is included in the total price displayed.
• This property allows pets in specific rooms only. Guests can
request one of these rooms by contacting the property directly,
using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
• Rooms (all rooms include)
• Clock radio
• Cribs/infant beds available
• Electronic/magnetic keys
• Electronic check-out
• In-room safe
• Iron/ironing board
• Rollaway/extra beds available
• Trouser press
• Air conditioning
• Bathroom phone
• Cable TV service
• CD player
• City view
• Climate control
• Coffee/tea maker
• Complimentary weekday newspaper
• Daily housekeeping
• Designer toiletries
• Extra towels/bedding in room
• Free local calls
• Free Wi-Fi
• Free wired high-speed Internet
• Hair dryer
• Hypo-allergenic bedding available
• In-room massage available
• IPod docking station
• Multi-line phone
• Pay movies
• Premium bedding
• Premium TV channels
• Private bathroom
• Separate bathtub and shower
• Sewing kit
• Turndown service (on request)
• TV Internet access (surcharge)
• Voice mail
• Wake-up calls
• Window opens
Diva at the Metropolitan – Overlooking the city, this fine-dining
restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and brunch. Guests can
enjoy drinks at the bar.
Some of your assessed work here may involve your working with a
small group of your fellow students. Working as a group is a good
way of learning about a number of things. It is often a challenging
and sometimes frustrating experience. Apart from learning about
the subject your group is researching, you will also learn
something about the way groups operate.
Here are some pointers to getting the most out of your group work:
• Approach your task positively and try to seek co-operation and
consensus among group members.
• It may be helpful to appoint a formal group leader or
coordinator whose job it would be to stimulate discussion and
generally organize what is going on.
• You probably want to assign various tasks/responsibilities to
individual group members.
• Set your group deadlines by which tasks should be completed.
Stick to the deadlines.
• Always be clear about what each group member is to achieve
before your next meeting as a group.
• Set a clear time, date and place for your next meeting.
• If someone does not seem to be making a full contribution to the
group’s tasks, discuss it in the group. The person may be
finding it difficult to get information, or they may lack
confidence about working in a group. By open discussion, such
matters usually get resolved.
• You should enjoy your group work. Always try to attend group
meetings and contribute freely and honestly.