Evidence-Based Clinical Question Search Assignment
The purpose of this Assignment is to give you a practical application to implement your PICOT idea, supported by the evidence-based research you have obtained in during your systematic review. You will apply evidence-based research findings discovered from your clinical question, and then integrate those to support your suggested change in nursing practice.
- Identify your refined PICOT question.
- Using PubMed and the Cochrane collaboration database, do a systematic review of your clinical question.
- Describe your systematic review and include an errors analysis.
- Determine an evidence-based quantitative article from the search that contains an evidence-based randomized control trial.
- Summarize the case study selected.
- Describe the study approach, sample size, and population studied.
- Apply the evidence from this review to your practice specifically in your overview.
- Evaluate the outcomes, identifying the validity and reliability.
- Discuss if the study contained any bias.
- Determine the level of evidence identified in the review.
- The length should be no less than 10 Pages in APA format.
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Resources.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above)
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary;
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors; and
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and;
- use APA 6th edition format
Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing and Healthcare
- “Clinically Appraising Qualitative Evidence for Clinical Decision Making”
Please retrieve and read the following Journal articles from the Library. Articles can be located through a search in the CINAHL database, OVID database, Course Documents, or by using the link at the end of the reference if provided.
Fielding, J., Fielding, N., & Hughes, G. (2013). Opening up open-ended survey data using qualitative software. Quality and Quantity, 47(6), 3261-3276.
Rothwell, E. (2010). Analyzing focus group data: Content and interaction. Journal for Specialists in Pediatric Nursing, 15(2), 176–180.
Ryan, F., Coughlan, M., & Cronin, P. (2007). Step-by-step guide to critiquing research. Part 2: Qualitative research. British Journal of Nursing (BJN), 16(12), 738–744.
Ryan, F., Coughlan, M., & Cronin, P. (2007). Step-by-step guide to critiquing research. Part 2: Qualitative research. British Journal of Nursing (BJN), 16(12), 738–744.Smith, J., & Firth, J. (2011). Qualitative data analysis: The framework approach. Nurse Researcher, 18(2), 52–62.
Revisit NCQA website, specifically the Patient Experiences area.
- National Committee on Quality Assurance. (2015). retrieved from http://www.ncqa.org/Programs/Recognition/Practices… PatientCenteredMedicalHomePCMH/
- Read the following article “Making the Critical Appraisal for Summaries of evidence-based medicine: critical appraisal of summaries of evidence.”
- Evaluate the six research techniques used in qualitative research, keeping in mind the four general areas for evaluating a qualitative study.