Instructions for completing Phase III
These two sections will finalize the strategy the group from Expert Foods Consultants has been assisting the Executive Director with. Although you typically would be combining all three phases into one document, for the purpose of this work, you will on present the two parts identified above.
You will need the Biotech Company Profile to complete the analysis.
Step 1: Human Resource Plan
A human resource plan will allow the director of the new Asia division to identify the future human resource needs for the organization. The director has asked Expert Foods Consultants to evaluate the product line identified and conduct market analysis to determine possible man power needs for the product manufacturing and all management and supervisory roles (to include all levels of management). The management levels should have been identified in the Description of Organizational Structure and Culture section of this strategy, but the resource needs in manufacturing will need to be considered. Remember the only person currently hired for the new facility is the Director so there will need to be Assistant Division Directors (ADD) for the other areas identified in the Structure such as Marketing, R&D, Sales, etc. Each of the ADD’s will need to have staff as well; you will need to identify how each ADD will be provided staff. Will they identify and interview themselves or will HR be a part of the hiring process. The Organizational Chart is also a part of the HR plan so ensure that a revised organizational chart is also placed in this section for reference.
Training is a key to retention in business today; employees like to feel they are important to the organization and investment in their competencies shows commitment to them. So, consider what the new division will need to do to ensure they are keeping the best talent they find.
Evaluation is another way organizations can show their commitment to employees. How will the new division conduct employee evaluations based on what is common in the area that the Expert Foods Consultants identified? This will require a level of research in common HR practices in that region.
You needs to remember that this is a brand new division that will be selling products that Biotech currently is not involved in so all aspects of business will need to be considered such as marketing, etc. Remember there is no perfect HR Plan, just plans that work and plans that do not. Good plans consider the employee and the culture around them just as important as the organization itself.
Step 2: Executive Summary
The Executive Summary will be the first section of the paper but should be written last since it will highlight what is intended for discussion in the rest of the strategy. A good executive summary is compelling. It reveals the company’s mission statement, along with a short description of the products Biotech will provide at the launch of the new division. It is also necessary to briefly explain why Biotech is starting the new division and include details about Biotech’s experience related to the industry the company is entering.
Step 3: Review the Paper
Read the paper to ensure all required elements are present. Use the grading rubric to ensure that you gain the most points possible for this assignment.
Proofread the paper for spelling and grammatical issues, and third person writing.
- Read the paper aloud as a first measure;
- Use the spell and grammar check in Word as a second measure;
- Have someone who has excellent English skills proof the paper;
- Consider submitting the memo to the Effective Writing Center (EWC). The EWC will provide 4-6 areas that may need improvement.
Step 4: Submit the paper in the Assignment Folder (The assignment submitted to the Assignment Folder will be considered the student’s final product and therefore ready for grading by the instructor. It is incumbent upon the student to verify the assignment is the correct submission. No exceptions will be considered by the instructor).
How to Set Up the Paper
Create a Word or Rich Text Format (RTF) document that is double- spaced. Use 12-point font. The final product will be 3-5 pages in length excluding the title page and reference page. Write clearly and concisely.
Completing the Plan
In order to complete this analysis, you will want to first read the module, Learn How to Support What You Write, as this assignment requires you to use the course readings and research to support what you write. Also,
- Read and use the grading rubric while completing the problem set to ensure all requirements are met that will lead to the highest possible grade.
- Third person writing is required. Third person means that there are no words such as “I, me, my, we, or us” (first person writing), nor is there use of “you or your” (second person writing). If uncertain how to write in the third person, view this link: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/first-second-and-third-person.
- Contractions are not used in business writing, so do not use them.
- Paraphrase and do not use direct quotation marks. Paraphrase means you do not use more than four consecutive words from a source document. Instead put a passage from a source document into your own words and attribute the passage to the source document. Not using direct quotation marks means that there should be no passages with quotation marks and instead the source material is paraphrased as stated above. Note that a reference within a reference list cannot exist without an associated in-text citation and vice versa. You may not use more than four consecutive words from a source document, as doing so would require direct quotation marks. Changing words from a passage does not exclude the passage from having quotation marks. If more than four consecutive words are used from source documents, this material will not be included in the grade and could lead to allegations of academic dishonesty.
- You are expected to use the case scenarios and weekly course material to develop the analysis and support the reasoning. There should be a robust use of the course material along with thorough analysis of potential location information. Material used from a source document must be cited and referenced. A reference within a reference list cannot exist without an associated in-text citation and vice versa. Changing words from a passage does not exclude the passage from having quotation marks. If more than four consecutive words are used from source documents, this material will not be included in the grade and could lead to allegations of academic dishonesty.
- Use in-text citations and provide a reference list that contains the reference associated with each in-text citation.
- You may not use books in completing this problem set unless part of the course material. Also, do not use a dictionary or Wikipedia.
- Provide the page or paragraph number in every in-text citation presented. If the eBook does not have pages, provide the chapter title and topic heading. If using a video, provide the minutes and second of the cited material.