1. Mercedes is thinking about advertising its cars to college students. Do you think that college students are a viable potential market for Mercedes? Why or why not?
2. As a marketing consultant for a chain of hair salons, you have been asked to evaluate the kids’ market as a potential segment for the chain to target. Write a memo to your client showing your evaluation of the kids’ segment against the four criteria for successful market segmentation.
3. Investigate how Delta Airlines uses its Web site, http://www.delta-air.com/, to cater to its market segments.
4. A local supermarket would like to introduce their own brand of paper goods (e.g., paper towels, facial tissue, etc.) to sell alongside their current inventory. The company has hired you to generate a report outlining the advantages and disadvantages of doing so. Write the report.
5. List the countries to which Levi Strauss & Co. markets through its Web site, http://www.levi.com/. How do the product offerings differ between the United States and European selections?