In this Performance Task Assessment, you will use information from the “SolarComm Scenario” and “SolarComm Employee Biographies” documents provided to demonstrate your ability to build high-performing teams that communicate and collaborate effectively.
Professional Skills: Written Communication, Collaboration and Critical Thinking and Problem Solving are assessed in this Competency. You are strongly encouraged to use the Assessment Writing Expectations Checklist when completing this Assessment.
Your response to this Assessment should:
- Reflect the criteria provided in the Rubric.
- Adhere to the required length.
- Conform to APA style guidelines. You may use Walden Writing Center’s APA Course Paper Template.
This Assessment requires submission of one (1) document that includes your responses to all three prompts. Save this file as LM007_firstinitial_lastname (for example, LM007_J_Smith). When you are ready to upload your completed Assessment, use the Assessment tab on the top navigation menu.
Access the following to complete this Assessment:
Read the scenario and biographies, and then complete the following:
- Categorizing Work (2–3 paragraphs) Analyze the “SolarComm Scenario” document and determine the work that needs to be completed to meet the project requirements. Categorize the work as task work or team work, and explain the rationale behind your decisions.
- Describing Requirements (approximately 1 page) Describe the employee characteristics, skills, behaviors, and job functions you will need on your team in order to produce all of the deliverables and achieve your team’s business objectives.
- Selecting Your Team (1–2 pages) Based on the needs of your team described above, select five employees from the “SolarComm Employee Biographies” document to become members of your cross-functional team. Explain in detail why you selected these individuals and how they will help your team meet its deliverables.
- Identifying Diversity (1–2 paragraphs) Identify and describe three types of diversity on your team.
- Working with Diversity (3–5 paragraphs) For each of the three types of diversity identified in prompt 4, explain the potential impact on collaborative environments and teamwork.
- Capitalizing on Diversity (1–2 pages) For each of the three types of diversity you identified in prompt 4, plan two ways to capitalize on diversity when developing, leading, and working with teams.
- Leading Virtually (2–3 paragraphs) Identify members of your SolarComm team who will work from a location other than Austin, Texas. (Note: If you do not have any employees on your current team who will work from a location other than Austin, Texas, select one for the purpose of this prompt.) Describe two strategies you will use to develop, lead, and manage members of your virtual team.