Using the UMUC Library electronic databases, find an article from a recent issue of a peer-reviewed journal related to the biological basis of psychology, sensation and perception, or memory and cognition. The article should describe specifically an experimental manipulation by the researchers. Prepare a 2–4 page summary of the article in your own words including specifics regarding the overall purpose of the research in question, a clear statement of the researcher’s hypothesis, details regarding the study methodology, and pertinent results of the manipulation. Also include your personal opinion of the work. Should it be repeated/ how can it be improved? What was your overall impression of the work? What are the implications of the study for the practice of counseling psychology?April 22, 2018
This course will examine multiple psychological disorders and its subsequent research through the lens of Scripture. As Christians, we are not called to shun individuals struggling with abnormal behavior and psychological disorders, but rather to reach out to them, care for them, and love them. As Jesus said, “Whatever you do unto one of the least of these, you do unto me.”April 22, 2018
- Interview two helping service professionals from two different settings, such as a school, hospital, or prison. Ensure that at least one of the interviewees is a clinical psychologist.
- Provide the name and work environment of the two professionals you interviewed.
- Ask the following questions to each of your interviewees:
In what setting do you practice? How long have you been practicing?
- What are your specialties or areas of clinical focus?
- What are the most common disorders you treat?
- Do you have any special certifications or training beyond your original graduate coursework?
- How do you approach therapy or treatment? Do you use specific modalities, techniques, or interventions?
- What ethical and legal issues do you think are the most challenging or common?
- Do you have an opinion on where you think the field of psychology is heading?
- What do you enjoy most about your work?
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"