Infrastructure and Security
The infrastructure which encompasses the network solution and security considerations is a major consideration for your company. Considering that the company will be expanding from the first floor to the third floor in the very near future you, as the CIO, are responsible for the design of the infrastructure and security protocols. You have been tasked with designing a network that is stable, redundant, and scalable. In addition, speed and reliability are important considerations. Assumptions should be drawn regarding network usage in relationship to network services and resources. All the established criteria that were set at the onset should be adhered to within your plan. The network solution that is chosen should support the conceived information system and allow for scalability. The network infrastructure will support organizational operations and cloud technology selected from assignment 4; therefore, a pictorial view of workstations, servers, routers, bridges, gateways, and access points should be used. In addition, access paths for Internet access should be depicted. Additionally, the security of the network should be in the forefront of your design because protecting your data is a primary consideration.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page infrastructure document in which you:
- Justify and support the relationship between infrastructure and security as it relates to PSL data-collection and analysis company.
- Present the rationale for the logical and physical topographical layout of the planned network for PSL.
- Design the logical topographical layout of the current network and planned network through the use of graphical tools in Visio, or an open source alternative such as Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
Design the physical topographical layout of the current network and planned network through the use of graphical tools in Visio, or an open source alternative such as Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length
- Illustrate each floor layout and cable path with the possible placement of servers including access paths to the Internet, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and firewalls. Note: Facility limitations, workstations, databases, printers, routers, switches, bridges, and access points should be considered in the illustration.
- Create and describe a comprehensive security policy for this data-collection and analysis company that will: Protect the company infrastructure and assets by applying the principals of confidentiality, integrity, and availability (CIA). Note: CIA is a widely used benchmark for evaluation of information systems security, focusing on the three (3) core goals of confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information.
Address ethical aspects related to employee behavior, contractors, password usage, and access to networked resources and information. This assignment must be written as a technical document and not as a research paper.All information must be related to the company PSL
I have attached the previous assignments for reference and background of this company to assist creating assumptions for the design:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA.
Included ORIGINAL diagram must be created in MS Visio must be included in the body of the infrastructure document.