Assignment 2: It May Not Work in Politics
Due Week 10 and worth 225 points
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which the student addresses the
following three (3) items using headers to separate each response:
Congressional Ethics. Identify one (1) member of Congress who has been
charged with ethics violations. Briefly discuss the reason for the charges
and provide two (2) reasons why you agree or disagree with the verdict
and any penalties. Provide examples to support your answer. Note:
Consider how the verdict and penalties impacts your trust of the members
Third Party Candidates. Discuss two (2) political reasons why a third party
candidate has never been successful in winning a presidential election.
Provide examples to support the answer. Note: Consider the political
impact of the Republican and Democratic Party if a third party was
Federal and State Authority. Identify one (1) current issue facing the United
States today. Analyze the respective roles of Federal and state authorities
in addressing the issue. Determine whether the U. S. Constitution
constrains the Federal and state responses to the issue. Explain.
In your research, you cannot use Wikipedia, online dictionaries,
Sparknotes, Cliffnotes, or any other Website do that do not qualify as an
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or schoolspecific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page
and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are
Identify informed opinions on issues and questions involving the U.S.
government, national political processes, policy making, and the notion of
Employ terminology used to study political science and American
Develop reasoned written and spoken presentations on issues and
questions involving the U.S. government and national political processes
using information in the course.
Describe the basic values of American political culture.
Explain how the federal system of government works.
Explore different perspectives on issues and questions about the U.S.
government and national political processes.
Assignment 2: Project Paper
Due Week 8 and worth 200 points
The Project Paper focuses on a suggested topic related to art, architecture, history, music, or literature. The project will reflect your views and interpretation of the topic. This project is designed to help you stretch your mind and your abilities to be the creative, innovative, and critical thinker you already are!
Choose one (1) of the topics from the list of topic choices below. Read the topic carefully. Write a three to four (3-4) page paper (750-1,000 words) that responds to each of the items described in the topic.
For the topic you choose:
1. Support your ideas with specific, illustrative examples. If there are questions or points associated with your chosen topic, be sure to answer all of the listed questions and address all of the items in that topic. If your topic asks you to do several things related to the topic, be sure to do each of the things listed.
2. While some of the topics tend to lend themselves toward particular writing genres, you are not restricted to the specific format suggested for the individual topic. For example, you may do an “interview,” a “proposal,” a “letter,” a “short story,” a “blog,” an “essay,” an “article,” or any other written genre for almost any of the topics. The project is intended to be fun as well as informative, so feel free to be creative with the delivery of your information.
3. Use at least three (3) good quality academic sources, with one (1) source being the class text.Note: Wikipedia and other similar Websites do not qualify as academic resources. You are highly encouraged to use the Resource Center tab at the top of your Blackboard page.
Note: Your instructor may require you to submit your topic choice for approval before the end of Week 5.
Topic choices (pick 1):
Women’s Roles Then & Now.Script. Script a conversation between two (2) notable women from the 18th and / or 19th century on the roles women should play in society. Within the dialogue, include:
1. Biographical information for each woman.
2. The historical status for women in general during the time period in which each woman lived.
3. What opinions each of the women might have on the role the women should play in society during their lifetimes.
4. What each of the women might think about women’s current roles.
The Project Paper will be graded on:
• The level to which the instructions were followed.
• The extent to which all four (4) parts in the topic were addressed.
• The adequacy of information, examples, and details which support the general claim or main idea.
• The clarity and relevance of the explanations and descriptions.
• Adherence to standard rules of grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
• The inclusion of three (3) required references (two  additional sources besides your textbook) documented using APA style.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA Style format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions specific to the selected topic. (Note: Students can find APA style materials located in the Additional Resources section of their Student Center within their course shell for reference)
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Explain how key social, cultural, and artistic contributions contribute to historical changes.
• Explain the importance of situating a society’s cultural and artistic expressions within a historical context.
• Examine the influences of intellectual, religious, political, and socio-economic forces on social, cultural, and artistic expressions.
• Identify major historical developments in world cultures from the Renaissance to the contemporary period.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in the study of world cultures.
• Write clearly and concisely about world cultures using proper writing mechanics.