Select an emerging issue from the following list. You can pick an emerging issue not on the below list with instructor approval.
- Affordable Care Act
- 30 hour workweek (Amazon)
- 4 day work week (10 hour days)
- $15 minimum wage
- Empoyee rights
- Wellnes programs
- Succession Planning
- Labor Relations
- Organizational Culture
- Background/Reference Checks
- Exempt law proposal (2016)
- New work force (Gen Z)
- Motivating Millennials in the work force
- Benefits for Employees (What they want)
- Social network vs. Company rights
Identify the relevant issues, stating assumptions if appropriate. Note: The emphasis at this stage is on getting an overview of the issues involved.
Use the internet and the University Library to research your selected emerging issue.
Create a Power Point (PPT) presentation to discuss your emerging issue. Prepare this as you are presenting the PPT to uppper management. You PPT WILL include an overview and a summary slide and notes. Include in your power point the following:
- Analyze the cause or causes of the issue.
- Assess alternatives – Identify and weigh alternative actions to “solve” the problem or “improve” the situation.
- Uses pro/con technique or another process to validate your alternatives.
- Recommend the best alternative and explain why.
- State how and when the recommended action should be implemented.
Cite all sources according to APA formatting guidelines in your notes and include a reference slide.