The chief information officer (CIO) would like to delegate the ability to manage users and groups to the business unit level, without delegating control over security policies.
The three locations are joined by communications lines that are 80% saturated from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Answer the following questions:
- How would you design the logical structure of Active Directory for the Rough Country Miles of Alaska, and what domain naming structure would you suggest?
- How many domain controllers, DNS servers, and global catalog servers would you suggest? Where would you place them? What is your reasoning?
- For the benefit of the upper management who are nontechnical, please describe how forest functional levels, trees, domains, OUs, and sites function in Active Directory.
- What edition of Windows 2012 R2 server would you use for your domain controller? If you needed a high-availability fault-tolerant clustering system for RCM’s Web server, what edition of Windows Server 2012 R2 would you use?
- You will be building these servers. How would you select your server components? What would you do if you added a backup peripheral device to your server and the mouse froze?