Please review the Discussion Board Participation grading rubric under Course Resources in the Grading Rubrics section.
This is important information that will ensure that you earn maximum points. Your postings should be qualitative and provide substantive depth that advances the discussion.
Please see the Writing Center located in the student portal for assistance with writing, APA, and online communication.
Topic 1: Getting to Know You and Cultural Competence
First, provide a brief introduction of your professional background. Next, review the Office of Minority Health, National CLAS Standards located in the Web Resources area.
- Answer All questions with opinions/ideas creatively and clearly. Supports post using several outside. peer review sources
- Provide 4 citations.
- Discuss your ethnic/cultural background (health perception and practices).
- Choose a different culture or ethnic group and discuss potential cultural/linguistic needs. Consider your food preferences, rituals, health beliefs, and any religious orientations that may influence patient care.
- Apply at least one CLAS Standard that supports the identified need and discuss the role of the advanced practice nurse in promoting culturally sensitive care.
- Please list references in APA format.