Following the assignment protocols -The paper should be no less than 2 double-spaced pages and no longer than 3 in length. List your references on a separate page, have 1 margins and cite your sources in APA style. Use a 12-point font (Times New Roman, or Arial), and not in bold font.
Research and answer the question relating to the following case study/scenario:
Case Study #2 Scenario:
You are the director of the Health Information Services (HIS) department of a 220-bed acute care hospital, and it has been brought to your attention that in many instances nurses have not been entering data into the hospital’s A-D-T (admissions, discharges, transfers) computer system appropriately. At patient units, nurses are responsible for entering data to indicate that a patient has been transferred (to another floor/unit within the hospital) or discharged to home or other facility (e.g., long-term care, rehab). Specifically, nurses have forgotten to enter data when patients transfer from one unit to another within the facility (e.g., patient transfers from ICU to 3-West). This computer entry error causes several other problems/complaints to occur that include:
1. Patients have an incorrect location in the computer system, and therefore, cannot be located by family and visitors, as well as employees providing ancillary services (e.g., therapists, lab technicians).
2. The Dietary Department delivers meals to the wrong floor/unit. By the time the patient is correctly located, the meal is received cold.
3. The Pharmacy Department routes medicines to the wrong patient floor/unit.
4. The Transcription Department sends reports (dictated by the physicians and transcribed by the department) to the wrong floor/unit.
5. An accounting error occurs, in which the patient is incorrectly charged for days in the wrong unit (e.g., charged for ICU versus 3-West)
6. Departmental activity (relating to the budget) reports are compromised, which results in departments being incorrectly credited or not credited for work and services provided.
As this has resulted in numerous complaints and poor service outcomes, the hospital’s CEO is quite concerned and has asked you to chair a CQI project team to address this problem. You have collected the following data for the month of June:
Nursing Unit Total Patient Transfers for June Total Transfer Errors
ICU 35 3
PCU 30 4
OBS 20 1
3-West 55 10
2-West 49 7
1-West 47 5
3-East 35 4
2-East (Peds) 23 2
1-East (OB) 25 1
Answer the following questions:
1. As the CQI project chair, you have decided to use the PDSA method to direct your QI initiative; however, describe what team members you will enroll to assist you in this project, and explain why you have chosen these particular individuals.
2. Using the data above, describe at least two CQI tools that will you use to present your data and highlight the issues at your first team meeting in order for your team members to understand the extent and focus of the problem?
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING HOMEWORK HELP TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post Following the assignment protocols -The paper should be no less than 2 double-spaced pages and no longer than 3 in length. List your references on a separate page, have 1 margins and cite your sources in APA style. appeared first on Nursing Homework Help.