https://primenursingessays.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/LOGO-1-300x75.png 0 0 Mick https://primenursingessays.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/LOGO-1-300x75.png Mick2017-08-07 05:20:042017-08-07 05:20:04Examine a credit card bill (or other revolving debt) and see how long it will take to pay off your debt if you paid only the minimum payments (you can also use an online calculator like the one at
- ost credit cards require that you pay a minimum monthly payment of two percent of the balance. Based upon a balance of $5,270.00, what would be the minimum monthly payment (assuming no other fees are being applied)?
- Considering the minimum payment you just calculated, determine the amount of interest and the amount that was applied to reduce the principal. Hint: You’ll need to find the total interest for the year first.
- Consider one of your credit cards. What is the balance? How is the minimum monthly payment determined? What would be the minimum payment? How much of the minimum payment goes towards interest? How much of the minimum payment goes towards the principal? If you do not want to share an actual balance or do not have a credit card, calculate these amounts using an imaginary credit card balance.
- Now, examine the terms of one of your credit cards or other revolving debt. Are there other charges that the credit card company is applying to your account? Are you receiving a special rate for a limited time? Does your card charge an annual service charge or an inactivity fee?
- Examine a credit card bill (or other revolving debt) and see how long it will take to pay off your debt if you paid only the minimum payments (you can also use an online calculator like the one at