How do the ethical needs of individual people relate to the needs of the government? What are the limits to a government imposing power over citizens? What about non-citizens? How can we use ethical theory to sort this out?
- Explain the ethical basis for the relation of individuals to their government.
- Describe the social contract theories of Hobbes, Locke, and Rousseau.
- Assess the advantages and disadvantages of these theories as they relate to a selected issue.
- Apply traditional social contract theories to a selected contemporary issue.
- Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations.
- Written communication: Ensure written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Format resources and citations according to current APA guidelines for style and format.
- Number of resources: Use your judgment to ensure your topic is thoroughly researched. There is no minimum number of resources required, however.
- Length of paper: Submit 2–3 typed, double-spaced pages.