Please view the “Ethics in healthcare: An introduction” video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPpnaT5VSdA) and use the background readings for this module to discuss the following:
In a complete 2-3 pages paper, address the following:
Discuss the “social responsibility” of ethical healthcare.
Discuss the dilemma of the physicians with regards to their choice between guaranteeing care and saving money
Does the insurance company have any influence on physician’s decisions to give or with-hold care? Why or why not?
In your paper,
· Must include proper introduction and conclusion
· Must read the attached required chapters, and include 3 credible references from required readings and cited in APA.
· D’Abramo, F., Schildmann, J., & Vollmann, J. (2015). Research participants’ perceptions and views on consent for biobank research: A review of empirical data and ethical analysis. BMC Medical Ethics, 16(60). doi:10.1186/s12910-015-005305. Retrieved from http://bmcmedethics.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12910-015-0053-5
· Duffy, J. D. (2016). Ethical aspects of palliative medicine. Oxford American Handbook of Hospice and Palliative Medicine and Supportive Care, 287.
· Koslowski, P. (2016). Ethical economy and business ethics: On the relationships between ethics and economics. Power and Principle in the Market Place: On Ethics and Economics, 11.
· Marcus, B. S., Shank, G., Carlson, J. N., & Venkat, A. (2015). Qualitative analysis of healthcare professionals’ viewpoints on the role of ethics committees and hospitals in the resolution of clinical ethical dilemmas. HEC Forum, 27(1), 11-34. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10730-014-9258-0
· McLean, S. A. M. & Campbell, T.D. (Ed.). (2006). Applied legal philosophy: First do no harm: Law, ethics and healthcare. Abingdon, GB: Routledge.
The post Discuss the “social responsibility” of ethical healthcare.Discuss the dilemma of the physicians with regards to their choice between guaranteeing care and saving money appeared first on Nursing Homework Help.