https://primenursingessays.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/LOGO-1-300x75.png 0 0 Mick https://primenursingessays.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/LOGO-1-300x75.png Mick2017-08-07 05:20:522017-08-07 05:20:52Discuss the ecological and economic advantages and disadvantages of purchasing food items that are locally sourced versus those shipped from other areas of the country and from around the world.
- Discuss the events and methods of production that allowed your local grocery store to carry these items. What farming methods were likely used to grow these items, and how do these methods impact the environment around the farms, as well as the employees who work within these establishments?
- Were the items grown and shipped in from another country?
- What types of processing and packaging must take place in order for you to be able to purchase the product?
- If you were to follow the suggestions shared within the articles provided above, where could you purchase the items (name specific local places within your community)? If a food item is not available locally, is there an alternative that you could use as a substitute?
- Discuss the ecological and economic advantages and disadvantages of purchasing food items that are locally sourced versus those shipped from other areas of the country and from around the world. Use your assigned Reading for this unit, as well as supplemental sources, to explore the impacts our food purchases may have on the environment and economy and how these choices influence multiculturalism and diversity around the globe.
- The food choices people make have the potential to generate both local and global impacts and potentially serve as solutions to some of the challenges discussed so far. This concept can be summarized in the phrase “Think Globally, Act Locally.” Discuss how you would interpret this phrase based upon your analysis of the meal provided by your instructor for this Assignment. Discuss how your individual actions can serve as a possible solution through the choices you make when planning and buying meals might change in the future, and how your choices, when combined with those of others, can have a global impact.