In a 1,500-2,000-word essay, synthesize your learning from the course with the aim of determining an appropriate ethical position and moral practice regarding an ethical dilemma.
Your essay must include the feedback from your instructor from Topic 1 and your Peer Review feedback from Topic 6. The feedback should be incorporated into your revisions.
- Begin with a discussion of ethical theory, including: (a) the definition and explanation of ethical theory, (b) the importance of metaethics for determining moral judgments, (c) how ethical thinking results in practical, moral action, and (d) how this applies to your personal life.
- Describe the primary ethical theory (or theories) and particular worldview elements utilized in reaching your ethical position on the ethical dilemma selected.
- Explain how a Christian worldview clarifies and interprets the ethical issue and contributes to the decision-making process (whether or not you share this worldview). Identify primary teachings, principles, and/or priorities of a distinctly Christian perspective that is brought to bear on the issue.
- Compare and contrast this Christian perspective with at least one alternative worldview.
- Provide a concrete illustration of how your ethical position on this issue will be put into practice within one or more specific life contexts.