!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For this assignment, i want you to find a job related to the media！！!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This assignment prepares you to complete the next Module. Do not start the next module until you have completed this assignment.
Too often, I meet students who have a great idea about what they want to do for their career but have a very vague idea about what it takes to achieve it. Unfortunately, too many students find that they are not equipped or competitive enough to enter the job market near the end of their college experience, when change to their education is the most difficult. This assignment may help you achieve the following goals:
- Use research to develop a more informed approach to your chosen career（Find a job related to the media！！！）,
- Practice report memo writing for professional writing, and
- Create a report that can inform others of a particular career.
For this assignment you will create no more than two-pages of a Memo Report (single-spaced) that will provide information on the context of the career you are interested in seeking. The readings/materials that are posted on the homepage of this Module will help you gather information for your research. For your report, you can choose to address two directions:
1) If you know your career path/job position, look up this career and acquire as much information about it as possible through the materials provided. You can choose to supplement this information with additional research of your own.
2) If you are unsure of your career path, go through the process of creating a “Career Profile” under the “College Student” link at OhioMeansJob.com (Links to an external site.). This site will take you through a series of questions to help you decide on a potential career. After you create a profile, you can choose to focus on one career to write about or do a comparison of two or three potential careers you are interested in seeking.
Using the sample memo report from the Anderson textbook, create a professional memo report with headings for each section that addresses all of the following five prompts:
- Provide a brief description of the career and its function. (Work in the media field！！！ )
- Address the general requirements or qualifications for your desired career(s). That is, what do you (or someone in your position) need to do in order to become qualified for this position? This may include internships, particular course paths, and additional certifications.
- What are challenges or obstacles that this career may pose?
- What are some of the benefits?
- Pulling from research on the market context for this career, provide your reader information on topics such as competitiveness, growth, salary, and other conditions relevant to this career.
You can include additional relevant information as needed. You can use the above list to help you create section titles/headings for your report. This will help with readability.
You can think about this report as a document that helps a reader better understand your chosen career. As a technical document, your report should be useful to your reader, and this report may help them make an informed decision about a process. This will require you to consider the reader’s position for writing your report. Reference your textbook and assigned materials as needed.
To Complete this Assignment: Submit an effective, useful, reader-centered memo report with demonstrated analysis and understanding of career(s) contexts and audience.
Cite your sources.