A Rotten Apple?April 21, 2018
Time ValueApril 21, 2018
Read about the Tylenol scandal of 1982 here: http://iml.jou.ufl.edu/projects/fall02/susi/tylenol.htm (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Then, find a scandal that is similar (or you can use this one) and analyze the following (300-500 words total).
Check here for recent business scandals: http://www.omgtoptens.com/misc/business/top-10-biggest-business-corporate-scandals/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Define crisis communications. What is it?
- What was the problem at the company?
- How did the company handle the situation?
- Who was affected and why/how?
- Did the company have a crisis communciation plan? Highlight three ways the company dealt with the problem.
- If the company did not have a crisis communication plan, name three suggestions for handling the problem.
- Did/do you agree the crisis plan was effective why?
- Do it: Give an example: write a message either via Twitter, Instagram or a Facebook post, or traditional press release (text format) with a crisis communication message that has a word length appropriate to the communication channel. Make sure you are precise using a credible headline and answer who, what, why, when and how in the message.
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"