Week 2 – Assignment
[WLOs: 1, 2] [CLO: 1]
By the end of Week 2, you have covered many topics in leadership (Chapters 1-5). You have taken self-assessment surveys, started a journal on leadership, and have begun to understand some of your own strengths and weaknesses with regard to leadership. This paper, which you will build upon in Weeks 3 and 4, will allow you to choose a chief executive officer (CEO), chief operating officer (COO), or other business leaders and learn about them, their skills, traits, strengths, and weaknesses as well.
Review thedocument. Select one of these leaders (deceased or living) for the subject of your assignment, and answer a total of two questions below regarding the leader you have chosen.
Section A (create an appropriate APA heading—do not label as “Section A” in your paper):
- Explain who the selected leader is and provide a brief history.
Section B: Select and address only one of these items (create an appropriate APA heading—do not label as “Section B” in your paper):
- Identify how the leader defines the characteristics of leadership.
- Explain what the leader described as the most important element to their success.
- Identify what leaders influenced the selected leader.
It is strongly encouraged that you receive feedback on your paper using the Ashford Writing Center Paper Review before submitting this assignment. It is recommended that you submit your paper for a paper review at least two days before your assignment is due in order to receive feedback and implement it into your paper before submitting your paper to Waypoint. For instructions on how to use this feature, please review the Ashford Writing Center Paper Review (Links to an external site.) web page.
The Effective Leadership paper
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least one scholarly or credible source in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.