The strategic value of benefits programs in organizations cannot be understated. Growth in the cost of providing employee benefits is inevitable. Strategically planning the best and most cost-effective benefits program will be critical to organizational success.
Write a 5-7 page paper in which you:
- Identify and discuss two (2) external and two (2) internal forces capable of influencing the bottom-line impact of benefits programs. How does knowing about these factors affect the organization’s strategic planning?
- Describe a minimum of three (3) key ways that organizations might expand on defining their benefits and benefits management philosophies. Be specific.
- Compare and contrast the two approaches to strategic benefits planning referred to as “Top-Down” and “Backing-In”. Based on your current organization’s strategy, which approach would work best? Why?
- Review the nine (9) outcomes of successfully completed strategic benefits planning initiatives on page 496 of the text book. Then select any 3 outcomes you personally feel might be more important and explain why.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.