HELLO, I HAVE DISCUSSION QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE DONE
Please use the following steps to complete this assignment:
Step 1: Download the Word document version of the Unit 2 Articles, Set #2 (3 articles total), located in this module. Be sure to save this document to your computer, flash drive, or Google Drive. You can use the annotation tools in Microsoft Word or Google Docs, or you can print the articles and annotate by hand. It is your choice, so long as you upload your document.
Step 2: Annotate the articles, using at least one method, such as highlighting, underlining, bold, etc. If using more than one method, it is important that you indicate what the different methods mean. For example, Bold=Words I Need to Look Up and Highlighting=Important Ideas.
Step 3: Include some notes/comments/questions–either in the margins or in a different font/color on the article as well. Your task is to prove you read the article thoroughly.
I HAVE ATTACHED THE ARTICLE BELOW, PLEASE FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS AND INCLUDE NOTES ON THE MARGIN
PART 2 OF THE DISCUSSION!
You need to integrate at least one of the sources (articles or videos) you have encountered so far in this unit. Be sure your paragraph includes at least one arguable claim. Most importantly, you will select a minimum of 2 of the 4 moves discussed in Chapter 2 of Rewriting: illustrating, authorizing, borrowing, and/or extending. You will label these moves in your writing using a highlighting method. * USE THE SAME ARTICLE YOU READ IN DISCUSSION ONE THE FIRST ONE (Solving the Problem of Fake News)
- Whatever claims that you made (your own opinion on the topic) will be highlighted using green.
- Whatever forwarding moves (illustrating, extending, borrowing, or authorizing) you made when integrating one of the videos or articles will be labeled however you see fit. For example, you can use blue highlighting for illustrating; or you could use underlining. It doesn’t matter, so long as you include a key somewhere in your document or submission comments that indicates what this pattern is.
- Paragraph is 250-500 words, and word count is included.
- At least one clear claim is provided and highlighted green.
- At least two different forwarding moves are made and annotated or highlighted. THIS WOULD BE ON THE POWERPOINT I HAVE ATTACHED
- Somewhere in the document or submission comment a key is included which indicates the highlighting or annotation pattern.
PART 3 OF THE DISCUSSION
Now that you have read the guidelines for Essay #2, which key question do you plan on choosing, and why? Also, which 2-3 articles are you leaning toward using in your upcoming essay, and why? It’s OK to change your mind later. This is just to get you thinking about things, initially.
* FOR KEY QUESTIONS I PICK NUMBER 1 AND THE TWO ARTICLES I PICKED ARE ATTACHED ON THE FOLDER THAT I HAVE ATTACHED FOR YOU
Solving the Problem of Fake News AND
A New Journalism for Democracy in a New Age