In your role as a Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP), you will encounter several situations that will require your ability to make sound judgments and practice decisions for the safety and well-being of individuals, families, and communities. There may not be a clear-cut answer of how to address the issue, but your ethical decision making must be based on evidenced-based practice and what is good, right, and beneficial for patients. You will encounter patients who do not hold your values, but you must remain professional and unbiased in the care you provide to all patients regardless of their socio-demographic and ethnic/racial background. You must be prepared to critically analyze ethical situations and develop an appropriate plan of action. For this Assignment, you review the literature and discover the various ethical dilemmas PMHNPs encounter and how these issues are typically addressed in your state.
· Review literature for moral/ethical issues encountered by a Psychiatric and
Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP).
· Select one of the articles you found that was published within the last 5 years to
use as a focus for this assignment.
Write a 2-page paper in which you do the following:
· Summarize the moral/ethical issue in the article (no more than 1 paragraph).
· Describe the moral and ethical dilemmas surrounding the issue.
· Analyze the ethical issue and compare them to the state health laws and
regulations in your state.
· Outline the process of ethical decision making you would use to address this
Note: Be sure to use the Practicum Journal Template attached in this assignment.
Also, the Sample Practicum Journal attached is just a sample.
· Include references immediately following the content.
· Use APA style for your journal entry and references.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH NURSING HOMEWORK HELP TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post Analyze the ethical issue and compare them to the state health laws and regulations in your state. appeared first on Nursing Homework Help.