During the past 30 years or so, American justice philosophy has embodied punishment practices based on neoclassical principles. These practices include determinate sentencing, truth in sentencing, and just deserts.
1. What is determinate sentencing? Truth in Sentencing? Just Deserts?
2. How are the practices consistent with the classical school of criminology?
3. In your opinion, can people be deterred from committing violent crimes?
- At least 300 words
- Use reliable sources to substantiate your work and to provide examples. (Include in-text citations and a reference list)
- Limited use of quotations
- Be thorough and fully explain your points
- Plagiarism will not be accepted.
- Please write mostly in your own words.