1. Is Te Kā a felsic, intermediate, or mafic volcano demon? How can you tell?
2. Based on the previous question and your knowledge of minerals, what mineral is the Heart of Te Fiti made of? How can you tell?
3. Based on how Te Kā’s lava skin reacts when splashed with water, do you think the mineral crystals in it would be big or small?
4. Compare the color of the cliffs to the color of the sand on the island of Motunui. Does this make sense, based on your knowledge of sedimentation? Why or why not?
5. Tamatoa has taken a lot of gold and incorporated it into his shell. What’s a more technical term for a process like this?
6. What geologic structure do you see in rocks surrounding the portal to the Realm of Monsters, as well as on the mountain where Motunui’s leaders place their stones?
7. What kind of rock is Dwayne Johnson: igneous, sedimentary, or metamorphic? Explain why you chose the one that you did.